MegaPhase, a global manufacturer of high performance RF coaxial cables and connectors for advanced microwave and optical electronic systems, announced at IMS 2012 of the upcoming release of a new line of high-frequency probe station test cables, the MegaPhase PS Series.
The PS Series test cables are specifically designed for dynamic probe station measurements and offer low loss, phase stable performance through 70 GHz. Samples of the probe station cables were featured at the MegaPhase exhibit at IMS 2012, held in Montreal, Canada.
The PS Series cable can be mechanically formed to ensure proper connector to connector spacing and that interfering surfaces associated with a given probe can be avoided while ensuring the station head has complete freedom of movement. MegaPhase offers a variety of industry standard high performance connectors including; 1.85 mm, 2.4 mm, 2.92mm, 3.5 mm and SMA for compatibility with current probe station configurations. The cables will be sold as both OEM components or as replacement cables for existing probe stations.
MegaPhase has employed their rugged RF technology to provide a low-profile form factor meeting the tight constraints associated with precision wafer measurements. The PS assemblies will provide repeatable and reliable measurements with excellent phase and amplitude stability, minimum attenuation, high shielding effectiveness and low VSWR.
Benefits of MegaPhase PS Series probe station cables include:
- Phase/amplitude stable for greater measurement accuracy
- Low VSWR : better than 1.45:1 at 40 GHz and 50 GHz; 1.50:1 at 67 GHz
- Insertion loss: better than 4.26dB at 40 GHz; 6.00dB at 50 GHz; 6.85 dB at 67 GHz
- Shielding effectiveness: greater than 90 dB per MIL-STD 1344, Method 3008
- 26.5 GHz; Precision SMA
- 34 GHz; 3.5 mm connector- intermateable with SMA, 2.9-mm interfaces
- 40 GHz; 2.92-mm (“K” type) – intermateable with SMA, 3.5-mm interfaces
- 50 GHz; 2.4-mm – intermateable with 2.4-mm and 1.85-mm interfaces
- 67 GHz; 1.85-mm – intermateable with 2.4-mm and 1.85-mm interfaces
*Custom lengths available upon request for all frequencies