Who is data controller of your personal information
We, that is MegaPhase, LLC., is the data controller. We are responsible for, and control, the processing of your personal information.
What information do we collect
When you use our Services, we may collect information about you. This information regularly includes the following:
- If you order any Services from us or ask for a quote: Name, company, shipping and billing address, email address, phone number, job title, information from our correspondence with you; information on your order or quotes, such as price and parts information, information on the return of shipment, defects or erroneous products, your feedback and complaints, quotes we offer you, customer ID, information on your MegaPhase customer account; payment information such as bank account details or check information; information on outstanding payments.
- If you register on our website: Name, company, address, email address, phone number, job title; as well as any kind of information you provide us with.
- If you contact us (via our website or via phone, email or letter): Name, company, job title, address, email address, phone number and any additional information you provide us with.
- If you use our website: IP address, browser data, browser type, device type, device ID, Uniform Resource Locators (URL), operating system, part search and detail requests, information on your usage of our website, including your use of our online applications Online Store, Order Status, Project List and BOM, when registered and signed into the website.
- If you are in our email marketing campaigns: name, email address, title, address, industry, region, information whether you are already a customer, marketing campaign information, such as your reaction to our marketing and your interest in our products.
How do we collect your information
This personal information is collected from you in many ways, and may include:
- Personal information you provide to us: The majority of personal information we receive comes to us voluntarily from our users in the course of using our Services, such as when visiting our website, communicating with us or in the ordering process.
You are free to choose which information you want to provide to us or if you want to provide us with information at all. However, some information, such as your shipping address, payment information and product order information is necessary for the performance of our contractual obligations. Without providing this information, you will not be able to order Services from us.
Personal information we receive from others: We may receive personal information about users from third parties such as web analytics vendors, social media sites, law enforcement agencies, providers of denied party screening and marketing consultants. We receive information on the purchases of shared customers with Mouser Electronics, Inc. for marketing purposes.
Why do we collect and use your personal information
The reasons for using your personal information may differ depending on your interaction with us. Regularly we use your information for the following purposes and on the following legal grounds:
- We use your information in order to perform our contractual services or prior to entering into a contract with you. If you order Services at MegaPhase or if you contact us to order Services, we use your information to provide you with these Services. Information we use for this purpose includes: information we need to contact you and communicate with you; information we need in order to provide you with individualized offers (repricing, quoting); information to manage and execute your orders, also in the context of warehousing and shipping; information in the context of a possible return of your products and the evaluation of defects; information for invoicing and payment follow up.
- We use your information if justified by our legitimate interests. The usage of your information may also be necessary for our own business interests. For example, we may use some of your information to evaluate and review our business performance, for advertising purposes or to identify potential cyber security threats. If necessary we may also use your information to pursue, or defend ourselves against, legal claims. If you use our website, we may also use your information to provide and improve our website services.
- We use your information after obtaining your consent. In some cases, we may ask you to grant us separate consent to use your information. You are free to deny your consent and the denial will have no negative consequences for you. You are free to withdraw your consent at any time. If you have granted us consent to use your information, we will use it only for the purposes specified in the consent form. This especially includes our marketing campaigns. If you sign up to our email newsletter or, when providing us with your email address, allow us to use this email address for email marketing, we will use your information in our email marketing campaigns. You may unsubscribe from our email newsletter at any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” provided in such communications or by sending an email to Solutions@MegaPhase.com
- We use your information to comply with legal obligations. We are obligated to retain certain information because of legal requirements, such as for tax and business regulations, for example, tax or commercial laws.
We will only use your information for the purposes above. We will not use your information for other purposes.
With whom do we share your personal information
As required in accordance with how we use it, we will share your personal information with the following:
- Delivery agents: to ship your orders, we may share your name and shipping address with delivery agents, such as FedEx, UPS, and DHL;
- Service providers and advisors: third party vendors and other service providers that perform services for us or on our behalf, which may include marketing campaign services, providing mailing or email services, tax and accounting services, product fulfilment, payments processing, data enhancement services, fraud prevention, web hosting, or providing analytic services.
- Promotional partners: third parties with whom we partner to provide webinars or other promotional activities, which will be identified by name in the context of these activities;
- Selected third parties: third parties, so that they can provide you with information and marketing messages about products or services that may interest you, where you have given us separate consent to do so;
- Purchasers and third parties in connection with a business transaction: personal information may be disclosed to third parties in connection with a MegaPhase-related transaction, such as a merger, sale of MegaPhase assets or shares, reorganization, financing, change of control or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another MegaPhase entity or third party, or in the event of a bankruptcy or related or similar proceedings; and
- Law enforcement, regulators and other parties for legal reasons: third parties as required by law or subpoena or if we reasonably believe that such action is necessary to (a) comply with the law and the reasonable requests of law enforcement; (b) to enforce our legal claims or to protect the security or integrity of our products and service; and/or (c) to exercise or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of MegaPhase, our visitors, or others.
How long do we keep your information
We will store personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we collect the personal information in accordance with our legal obligations and legitimate business interests. To comply with statutory retention periods, we may store your personal information to up to 10 years.
How do we protect your information
We implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal information against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, change or damage. All personal information we collect will be stored on our secure servers. All electronic transactions entered into via our website will be protected by SSL encryption technology.
How do we safeguard your personal information when there is an international transfer
As we are located in the USA, any information you provide will be processed and stored in the USA. If you are in the European Union or European Economic Areas, this may mean that your personal information will be stored in a jurisdiction that offers a level of protection that may, in certain instances, be less protective of your personal information than the jurisdiction you are typically a resident in.
For this reason, we have entered into guarantees to ensure appropriate safeguards. If we transfer information from the European Union to third parties outside the European Union and in countries or not subject to schemes which are considered as providing for an adequate data protection standard, we will enter into contracts which are based on the EU Standard Contractual Clauses with these parties.
What kind of cookies and tracking technology do we use
Effective Date: 12-Oct-2022
Last Updated: 12-Oct-2022
What are cookies?
Types of Cookies we use
Manage cookie preferences
You can change your cookie preferences any time by clicking the above button. This will let you revisit the cookie consent banner and change your preferences or withdraw your consent right away.
In addition to this, different browsers provide different methods to block and delete cookies used by websites. You can change the settings of your browser to block/delete the cookies. Listed below are the links to the support documents on how to manage and delete cookies from the major web browsers.
If you are using any other web browser, please visit your browser’s official support documents.
Third Party Tracking and Online Advertising
Interest-Based Advertising. We participate in interest-based advertising and use third-party advertising companies to serve you targeted advertisements based on your browsing history. We share or we permit Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics and Tealium to collect information about your use of our website over time so that they may play or display ads on our Service, on other devices you may use, and on other websites, apps, or services, including on Facebook. The information we share is provided through cookies or similar tracking technologies, which recognize the device you are using and collect information, including click stream information, browser type, time and date you visited the site, whether you log in to your account on our Services, or otherwise engage with us. We and our third-party partners use this information to make the advertisements you see online more relevant to your interests, as well as to provide advertising-related services such as reporting, attribution, analytics, and market research.
We also utilize certain forms of display advertising and other advanced features through Google Analytics, such as Remarketing with Google AdWords. These features enable us to use first-party cookies and third-party cookies together to inform, optimize, and display ads based on your past visits to the Service.
For information on how Google Analytics collects and processes data, as well as how you can control information sent to Google, review Google’s site “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps” located at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. You can learn about Google Analytics’ currently available opt-outs, including the Google Analytics Browser Ad-On here https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/. You may control your advertising preferences or opt-out of certain Google advertising products by visiting the Google Ads Preferences Manager, currently available at https://google.com/ads/preferences, or by visiting NAI’s online resources at http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices.
Social Media Widgets and Advertising. Our websites include social media features, such as the Facebook Like button, Google Plus, LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube. These social media companies may recognize you and collect information about your visit to our Service, and they may set a cookie or employ other tracking technologies. Your interactions with those features are governed by the privacy policies of those companies.
We display targeted advertising to you through social media platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and others. These companies have interest-based advertising programs that allow us to direct advertisements to users who have shown interest in our Service while those users are on the social media platform or to groups of other users who share similar traits, such as likely commercial interests and demographics. These advertisements are governed by the privacy policies of those social media companies that provide them.
Cross-Device Linking. We, or our third-party partners Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics and Tealium, may link your various devices so that content you see on one device can result in relevant advertising on another device. We do this by collecting information about each device you use when you are logged in to our Service. Our third-party partners employ tracking technologies or the application of statistical modeling tools to determine if two or more devices are linked to a single user or household. We may share a common account identifier (such as a cookie id) with third-party advertising partners to help recognize you across devices. We, and our partners, can use this cross-device linkage to serve interest-based advertising and other personalized content to you across your devices, to perform analytics, and to measure the performance of our advertising campaigns.
- Interest-based advertising. To learn about interest-based advertising and how you may be able to opt-out of some of this advertising, you may wish to visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s online resources at http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices and/or the DAA’s resources at www.aboutads.info/choices. You may also manage certain advertising cookies by visiting the EU-based Your Online Choices at www.youronlinechoices.eu.
- Cross-device linking. Please note that opting-out of receiving interest-based advertising through the NAI’s and DAA’s online resources will only opt-out a user from receiving interest-based ads on that specific browser or device, but the user may still receive interest-based ads on his or her other devices. You must perform the opt-out on each browser or device you use.
- Mobile advertising. You may also be able to limit interest-based advertising through the settings on your mobile device by selecting “limit ad tracking” (iOS) or “opt-out of interest based ads” (Android). You may also be able to opt-out of some—but not all—interest-based ads served by mobile ad networks by visiting http://youradchoices.com/appchoices and downloading the mobile AppChoices app.
Some of these opt-outs may not be effective unless your browser is set to accept cookies. If you delete cookies, change your browser settings, switch browsers or computers, or use another operating system, you will need to opt-out again.
We do not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 on this Service. In the event that we learn that we have inadvertently collected personal information from a child under age 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com
From children under the age of 16 residing in the EU, we will not process any personal information on the ground of a consent.
Links to Other Websites and Services
The Service may contain links to and from third-party websites of our business partners, advertisers, and social media sites and our users may post links to third-party websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies. We strongly recommend that you read their privacy policies and terms and conditions of use to understand how they collect, use, and share information. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content on the websites of third-party sites.